Friday, December 2, 2011

If I said "Yes"......

"The Botanical Shop"


Montage of vintage and found photographs


This is a response to an art journaling prompt which asked what we would say "yes" to if given the opportunity. In this imaginary life (with unlimited resources and time), I would say yes to being educated as a master herbalist or a naturopathic or TCM doctor. OR I might say yes to starting my own business as a manufacturer and purveyor of hand-crafted botanical skin care products.



Hey, it's a fantasy, okay?



Anyway, this image may end up being the study from which I render a painting. We'll see... since I do not in fact have unlimited resources or time for art-making.....or anything else.



ljgloyd (c) 2011






4 comments:

  1. I like this very much, Lori. The old-fashioned look really attracts me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the retro look too - now to see if your idea on how I can comment works :) Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is wonderful. There was something in the Artist's Way that said that making images of what you wanted was more likeley to bring you what you wanted so you never know ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so proficient at digital collage, Lori. This is a very powerful piece, especially considering the prompt. I agree with Carol about bringing things closer to you.

    ReplyDelete