Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Artist's Walk

In Walking in This World, Julia Cameron's sequel to The Artist's Way, the author adds one more tool to the blocked creatives kit: the weekly artist's walk. It is simply that -- go out and walk until ideas begin to flow.

This morning I went walking just before dawn and took my camera with me. I decided to walk no more than a six block radius from my home and take pictures of whatever caught my creative imagination. I looked primarily for interesting compositions, textures, colors, contrasts, lighting and reflections. I took about thirty shots. Here are a few of the more interesting ones, in my opinion. These were taken all within thirty minutes and are presented in the order I took them.

"Raven in a Store Window"


"The Barber Shop"


"Water Tower"


"Cracking Unit at the Refinery"


"The Fire Escape"


"Red Door and Cactus"

"Craftsman Home"

"Lemon Tree in the Alley"

Here's a prompt for you. Do your own Artist's Walk, with camera or without, and share your creation with an audience.

ljgloyd (c) 2011

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, thought provoking, interesting, and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing what one can find by just emptying your mind of all stressful have-to-do things and taking a walk. I must try that.

    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures...Wonderful job Lori!

    ReplyDelete