Friday, November 18, 2011

Glycerin Jewel

As I mentioned a couple of posts ago, I took an aromatherapy class last weekend where we learned to cast glycerin soaps. Here is one of the results from my first batch. This one is clear gylcerin with jojoba oil and scented with my personally mixed "Autumn Blend" -- sweet orange, cinnamon leaf, and clove essential oils.

Also in this batch, I made lavender mint oatmeal bars. These are white glycerin soaps spiked with ground oatmeal and jojoba oil and studded with dried lavender flowers and scented with peppermint and benzoin.

I turned my kitchen into a laboratory and the whole place smells DIVINE.

ljgloyd (c) 2011

8 comments:

  1. Woo, I love this one, Lori. I bet it was the best fun ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool Lori! Will you be doing Holiday Crafts too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like this was a lot of fun for you. And the result, well, it's just beautiful.

    Vi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks everyone. It's fun and fast and not too expensive for a hobby. AM, if I can perfect the process I will be giving them as gifts this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is simply gorgeous Lori. What a fun thing to be doing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's beautiful. This may be the start of a new business.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are certainly adding to your long list of talents, Lori. Not only do you make amazing scents and soaps but you capture the finished product in a very appealing way!

    ReplyDelete